Oral hygiene- an important task

Let’s talk about oral  hygiene today. Oral hygiene is important things to do in our day to day activity. We can’t neglect it.

Oral cavity contains so many parts like Teeth, Gum and Tongue. Taking care of your mouth, teeth and gum is worthy goal in and  of itself. Good oral and dental hygiene can prevent bad breath, teeth decay and gum disease– can help you keep your teeth as you grow older.

Teeth are covered  with hard coating called Enamel. Every day, a thin film of bacteria called dental plaque build ups on your teeth. This bacteria in plaque produces acid which can harm the enamel and cause cavities. Brushing and flossing your teeth can prevent decay.

You can prevent problem by taking these stapes :

1: Brush your teeth regularly

Brushing is the most affective steps to clean your teeth and gum as well. Use soft bristle brush which helps to remove plaques and debris. Bushing should be done in morning and at night before bed time.

Initially clean your baby’s teeth by rubbing them gently with clean wet washcloth. When the teeth are bigger, use a child’s toothbrush.

Children under the age of 2 years shouldn’t use toothpaste, use water to brush your child’s teeth.

Never let your child sleep after having bottle of milk. Milk stays on teeth and cause cavity it known as baby-bottle tooth decay.

2: Don’s neglect tongue

Tongue also prone to collect plaque in the form of thick white coating on tongue. It is important to scrap your tongue with tongue cleaner or with brush. Because it also carries bacteria which leads to bad breath.

3: Mouth wash

Mouthwash are as important as toothbrush because mouthwash can reach at every corner of mouth where toothbrush doesn’t reach. And it also provide minerals to the teeth as well.

4: Fluoride toothpaste

Fluoride toothpaste  protect your teeth from decay and strengthening your tooth enamel. But one thing to keep in mind, no matter how much you like the flavor you should spit it out.

5: Avoid aerated drinks

When you drink aerated drink ( like coke, pepsi ) either regular or sugar-free contain their own acids and these attacks on the teeth, with each ship of drink you are starting damaging reaction and that lasts of about 20 minutes.

6: Floss

flossing of teeth helps to remove plaque stuck in gaps of two teeth. Floss should be slow and gentle sawing motion.

7: Avoid sugary and acidic food

Bacteria in plaque changes sugar into acid and acidic food dissolve minerals in enamel and causing holes (cavities or caries).

8: Visit Dentist every 2 year

It is important to visit your dentist to make sure everything is okay or not.

9: Do tongue test to check cleanliness of teeth

10: Visit your dentist if you notice bleeding gum or lump, bumps, ulcers

11: Coconut oil

Most effective and natural way to clean your oral cavity is to oil pulling with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Swish it around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes, be careful not to swallow it. Spit the oil out once you done and the clean your mouth with water. These helps in,

• Kill harmful bacteria
  • Reduce bad breath
  • Prevent cavities
  • Reduce inflammation and improve gum health

12: Denture

• Remove your denture after eating
  • Clean your mouth after eating
  • Brush your denture daily
  • Soak denture overnight (because it need to stay moist to keep their shape)
  • Rinse denture thoroughly before putting them back in mouth\
  • See your doctor if it doesn’t fit well

13: Avoid smoking, chewing tobacco and drinking alcohol

That’s all for Oral hygiene. If you have any question ask me in comment below or email me. follow me on Instagram. See you later.

Instagram: @minalviradia

Email: minal.viradia@gmail.com

Minal Viradia

21 Comments Add yours

1. My subscribers on LinkedIn would love your blog. Would it be ok if I share with them?|

1. MInal VIradia says:

Ya sure, you can. once you share, share me your link.

2. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want?HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

1. MInal VIradia says:

Thanks you Carlos Ansara.

3. This is more useful information than I’ve found elsewhere.

1. MInal VIradia says:

Thank you for your appreciation.

4. Milissa says:

Hi,Greeting of the day!I was checking your website and see you have a good design and it looks great, but it’s not ranking on Google and other major search engines. I’m an SEO Expert and I helped over 250 business rank on the (1st Page on Google, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.). My rates are very affordable.Let me know what you think.Warm Regards,John

1. MInal VIradia says:

Thank you for reaching out. I will keep in mind.

1. MInal VIradia says:

Thank you for your appreciation.

5. I like this…Helpful to find, but I am not sure where to start. Which of your articles can you point me to read next?

1. Minal Viradia says:

Thank you for your ind words.
      you can read this one. this is about intermittent fasting. which is new lifestyle habit. Please read through my intermittent fasting blog. It will help you live healthy life.

6. I precisely desired to thank you so much once again. I do not know the things that I could possibly have achieved without the entire pointers documented by you directly on such a problem. It was before a real depressing issue in my circumstances, nevertheless being able to view a specialized fashion you handled it made me to leap for gladness. Extremely thankful for this work and as well , trust you know what a great job you have been doing training people today through your web page. Most likely you’ve never met all of us.

7. Nice post – people need to read more like this, as most info on this topic is generic. You provide real insight to people.

1. Minal Viradia says:

Thank you for your kind words.

8. So well put, but a little apologetic. How come?

1. Minal Viradia says:

can you point out?

9. Good job! You thoroughly included everything with this post. I would like to read more from you. Do you maintain any more blogs?

1. Minal Viradia says:

Thank you so much for your appreciation. you can go through my site and i am sure you will defiantly find some interesting stuff.
      The one with intermittent fasting and detox your mind and body, i think you will like it.
      if you like, you can subscribe my website.

10. Free Stuff says:

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

1. Minal Viradia says:

Thank you for your advise. In future if we need, will late you know.