I don’t know, what is wrong with me. I am so much craving for sweet food. And some how I end up eating unhealthy foods. This happenes with me all the time.
There are so many health influencers in Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest which inspired me so much about taking care of ourselves in today’s world.
So I found easy and quick recipe for sweet cravers. This recipe is full of proteins, healthy carbs and fat, fibers, vitamins and minerals.
I am like this recipe a lot, this became my go to pre workout and post workout meal. It’s easy to carry and this energy balls are so filling, just one energy ball is enough to satisfy your sweet desire and hunger as well.
There is simple and easy cooking process by roasting nuts and oats, you can use raw nuts if you want. And these taste extra delicious when you roast the nut.
Oats and raisins energy balls:
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 -20 min
1 cup(100 g) rolled oats
1/2 cup (50 g) almonds
1/2 cup (50 g) cashews
1 cup(100 g) pitted dates
2 Tbsp. (25 g) ground flax seeds
3 Tbsp.( 45 ml) honey ( or maple syrup)
1/4 Tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Roast the rolled oats, almonds and cashew at 350 F(180 C) for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden, stir it once half way. This is completely optional, you can skip this step if you prefer speed it up or you like raw.
2. In large bowl, take 2 Tbsp. of ground flax seed and 3-4 Tbsp. lukewarm water. Let it sit
3. Other site mash the dates in food processor or you can finely chopped by knife.
4. Chop all roasted nuts and raisins.
5. Add all ingredients in bowl with ground flax seed and than add salt, honey and cinnamon.
6. Gently mix every thing together and roll the mouth sized ball and refrigerate for 30 min.
You can use verity of nuts, chocolate and you can coat this balls in coconut powder is you like.
You can store it in airtight container in fridge for up to 1 week and refrigerator for 2 months.