Being Gujarati, my pallet always have desire to eat some Chat-pata (tempting dish) like Dhokla, khandvi(patudi), khakhra and so on… I never thought I could make it by my own. But here I found pretty easy recipe.
Khandvi is very popular snacks of Gujarat, India. It is yellowish, tightly rolled bite-sized pieces and is primarily made of gram flour and yogurt. It is super healthy and super tasty.
According to me its Indian version of rolled pasta. It looks so radiant and it’s taste also brings water in your mouth.
1 cup gram flour
1 cup sour yogurt
2 cups of water
1 TBS finely chopped ginger
1 TBS Finely chopped green chilly
1/2 TBS turmeric
Salt to taste
1 TBS cooking oil
1TBS mustard seed
1/2 TBS asafoetida
Some Grated coconut
Finely chopped green coriander
- Take gram flour in bowl
- Add yogurt
- Add finely chopped ginger
- Add chopped green chilly
- Add turmeric, salt and add water.
- Mix it well until you get smooth better.
- Take a pan, put on low flame.
- Strain the better into pan.
- Stir it with flat spatula or whisker approximately 9 minute.
- Keep stirring, do not leave for second other wise lumps will happen.
- We need to achieve thick better consistency.
- When better hold the spatula and does not fall easily, that’s the sign of perfect cooked better and ready to spread.
- We need to speed up our process of spreading better.
- Spread on back of the dish or you can spread on counter top as well, because if you leave it for second you wont get smooth spread.
- For tempering, we need to heat up some oil
- Add mustard seeds. let it crackle
- Add asafoetida,
- Grated coconut(just mix it do not cook it)
- Finely chopped coriander
- Spread tempering on spreaded better
- Cut this in to small ribbon
- You can see the edges already separate from surface.
- You need to roll it and put into plat
- Garnish with rest tempering and serve with green chilly or mint chatny