Everyone wants healthy hair, right. There is a belief that hair is the essence of beauty. Someone likes shorter hair someone likes longer hair, someone likes it curly or someone likes it straight. It depends on personal choices. All you want to know is your hair’s health.
The secret of healthy hair is a healthy scalp at some point. That defiantly rely on your lifestyle.
You are what you eat. And it defiantly reflects on your health. Hair is made up of protein called keratin. Hair growth depends on age, health, diet, and genetics. You can’t change the factor like age and genetic but you can improve diet and health. For healthy hair, we need food which are rich in vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin c, vitamin B, protein, iron, and zinc.
Here are a list of food which promotes healthy hair production,
- Sweet potato
- Sweet peppers, etc..
2. Scalp health
Scalp is skin layer on the head, from which hairs grow. It’s health is play an important role in growing healthy hair. Scalp provides an essential base to hair roots. So for healthy scalp,
- Exfoliation of scalp. Because it has a gland that secrets oil. So it tends to accumulate dirt and easily gets dry
- Moisturize it once or twice a week
- Wash it with good quality shampoo
- Protect your scalp from the sun by wearing a hat
- Use tea tree product, to prevent any bacterial growth
3. Oil massage
There is an ancient practice for oil massage on head. There are so many oil which are used for head massage like, coconut oil, sesame oil, castor oil, almond oil. Take a few drops in your palm and massage your scalp by tip of finger not by fingernail about 10 to 15 minutes 2-3 times a week. Ideally, if possible then do it every day.
There are tones of benefit of this practice,
- Conditioning the scalp
- Prevent dry and flaky scalp
- Prevent itchy scalp
- Enhance blood circulation to head
- Stimulates the hair follicle for new hair growth
- Relax your body
- Mood booster
4. Hair-styling appliances
Always dry your hair naturally or use cold mode instead of heat mode. Because hairdryer damages your hair at some level and by doing that regularly you can end up with rough and dry hair. Nowadays people usually uses more heat appliance to style their hair. Avoid using these devices or use some heat protector or deep conditioner.
5. Cool rinse
Always rinse your hair with cold at the end. It makes your hair shiny, healthy and freeze free for a long time.
6. Selection of shampoo and conditioner wisely
Make smart choices with your selection of shampoo. Especially people with dry and freeze hair should use Sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfate-free shampoo maintains natural oil on scalp and hair.
Once in awhile nourish your scalp using a hair mask. They not only nourish and moisturize but also restructure and rejuvenate the extra dry scalp. You can always buy it from store but here are some DIY recipe for hair mask,
- coconut + avocado + honey, for damaged and dry hair
- Egg + lemon, for oily and damaged hair
- banana + aloe Vera + yogurt, for damaged and freeze hair
- Curd + honey + olive oil, for damage and hair growth
- yogurt + honey, for deep conditioning
- onion + soaked fenugreek, for hair fall
8. Comb choice
Always use natural bristle comb not plastic bristle comb. Make sure comb has wide bristle. Do not comb your hair when it’s damp. Because in damp scalp, your hair roots get soften and it easily detaches your hair form scalp.
Sometimes our body doesn’t absorb nutrients in enough amount if you have this problem then consult your doctor. He can suggest the right supplement for your hair.