Pregnancy is an incredible journey of 9 months. Whatever sign and symptoms we are experiencing are generally normal, even if they are not comfortable. They are simply result of being pregnant. But it is always good to know what are the symptoms that something might be wrong.
Warning signs during pregnancy
Remember these symptoms are normal during pregnancy, but they might be a sign of some serious illnesses.
- Persistence of abdominal pain
- Severe headache
- Blurry vision or impaired vision
- Fainting or dizziness
- Unusual weight gain, swelling or puffiness
- Pain and Burning sensation during urination
- Persistence of severe vomiting and diarrhea
- Fever or chill
- Itching all over
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Preterm (before 37 weeks) uterine contraction
- Gush of fluid from the vagina (before 37 weeks)
- Feeling less baby movement
- Having thought of harming yourself and baby
What are the risk factor can cause late pregnancy complications?
- Maternal age (above 40 years)
- High blood presser
- Having a history of preterm labor
How to avoid late pregnancy complications?
- Be proactive (share your health history with your doctor and keep up with your prenatal appointments)
- Eat right
- Watch your weight
- Take your prenatal vitamins
These are some of the most common warning signs that could indicate a complication. But you know your body best. If you experience something else that seems unusual or worrisome, don’t ignore it and consult your doctor.
If you have any suggestion or you want me to write an article on your favorite topic. let me know in the comment section below. I would love to help.