In today’s era, as people find luxury, they more lean towards the sedentary lifestyle. But they might don’t know how dangerous it could be. But staying active or just 15-minute of simple walk can help you prevent disease.
Some people are sedentary due to their job profile, some are due to their own habits and some are due to some diseased condition.
You think 30 minutes or 1-hour gym will keep you away from disease. Well, the answer is NO. You will have the risk to develop certain diseases but to stay away from those risk factors, you have to stay active for the whole day. It could be in the form of loo break or tea break, all you need to do is stay active for every 45 minutes.
How to stay active throughout a day
You could be a businessman or an employ or bed riders due to some condition,
- If you are working in a company, what you can do is, just stand up near your desk for a while. Or stand and do some stretching. you can have a loo break or tea break (although it takes your 2 minutes but it adds in your activity).
- Patients, who are bed riders for them the person who took care of them should press his/ her feet to stimulate blood circulation, to stimulate lymphatic circulation.
- Use cycling or walking or public transportation instead of using car
- Use staircases instead of elevator
Activity could be of any form. It could be in the form of heavy weight lifting or Zumba or CrossFit or just a simple walk. What is important, that you are active. Just staying active or just 15-minute simple walk can help you prevent disease.
Study shows, there is a connection between staying active and cancer. Of course, sedentary life is not causing you cancer but certainly, it causes a hormonal disturbances and that’s what can be causes of Cancer.
Research also proves a connection between activity and diabetes, cardiovascular disease, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Physical benefits of staying active
- Make your heart healthy
- Control your insulin level
- Protects you from 20 types of cancer
- Protects you from Alzheimer’s disease
- Normal blood pressure
- Stronger muscle, bone and lower risk for osteoporosis
- Manage your weight
- Sleep better
Mental benefits of staying active
- Act as anti-anxiety
- Mood booster
- Exercise may also change levels of chemicals in your brain, such as serotonin, endorphins, dopamine, and oxytocin.
- Stress relevant
Choose lifestyle over medication. And this can only be possible with you staying active.
Read other health & wellness article
Did you find this helpful? Let us know in the comments below or on Instagram with the hashtag #aajione.
If you have any suggestion or you want me to write an article on your favorite topic. let me know in the comment section below. I would love to help.